Community Quilts of Magic Valley has been a part of the Desert Sage Quilt Guild for the past 15
years. We provide quilts for those who need them at no cost to the recipient. We also make
pillowcases for donation. In 2015 we donated 303 quilts of all sizes and 432 pillowcases to
different agencies in our valley.
We meet at KMVT in the Community Room; the entrance is on the north side. We set up
tables for sewing, sorting, kit making and quilt frames where quilts are tied. Our fabrics &
supplies are stored across the hall.
We meet on the first Wednesday and third Monday of each month until during the holidays
when we take a break until January. Many of our volunteers sew at home including binding
quilts and machine quilting smaller quilts.
We welcome donations of 100% cotton fabric and batting. All labor needed for the
construction, tying and or quilting of our quilts is donated by Magic Valley quilters; some of
whom are handicapped. Everyone is welcome to attend any of our sew days for an hour or all day.
Some of the recipients of our quilts have been:
- St. Luke’s NICU and Pediatrics Valley House
- MISTI Victory Home
- St. Lukes of Jerome Sleep in Heavenly Peace
- East End Providers Assorted Care Centers
- CASA Safe House
- Women’s Shelter CSI Refugee Center
We have made quilts for fund raising for these organizations as well:
- Optimist Club Neighbors in Need
- Valley House East End Providers
- Relay for Life in cooperation with Curves Comm. Action (Empty Bowls fundraiser)